Mild Dry Eye and Prevention
Dry eye syndrome is a common ocular surface disease in which the tear film is affected. Causes can be related to the environment (wind, sun, dust, living in high altitudes…), lifestyle (staring at screens for long periods of time, poor nutrition, eye surgery…) or physical condition (hormonal changes, aging, Sjögren’s Syndrome, thyroid eye conditions…).
There are two types of dry eye: aqueous deficient and evaporative. However, about one third of patients show a combination of both, which means the signs and symptoms often overlap.
Dry eye symptoms include watery eyes, pain and redness, blurred vision, stinging or burning of the eye, and sandy or gritty feeling.
Read more about this condition.
- Clean eyelids and face daily with Gentle or Anti-Aging Tea Tree Eyelid & Facial Cleanser™
- 5-9 minutes moist-heat daily with D.E.R.M.™ and gently massage eyelids
Fine lines are one of the most common signs of aging that appear when skin cells start to lose collagen. Getting enough sleep and keeping the area well hydrated can slow down the appearance of fine lines. When looking for anti-aging products, make sure they are safe to apply around the eyes. Those with ingredients such as retinol, vitamin C and hydroxy acids will help neutralize antioxidants that break down skin cells and cause wrinkles.
Read more about fine lines.
- Clean eyelids and face daily with Anti-Aging Tea Tree Eyelid & Facial Cleanser™
- 5-20 min moist-heat therapy with D.E.R.M.™ or tranquileyes® xl (with Beads or Instants)
- Skin therapy with Age Defense Facial Hydrating Spray™ and Essential Nine™ Eyelid & Skin Therapy
Periorbital dark circles have different causes, including seasonal allergies, lack of sleep or dermatitis. Cold compresses and eye serums containing Regu-Age® promote blood circulation in this area and help reduce the appearance of dark circles.
Read more about dark circles.
- Clean eyelids and face in the morning with Anti-Aging Tea Tree Eyelid & Facial Cleanser™
- 10 min cold therapy in the morning with tranquileyes® xl (with Beads or Instants)
- Skin therapy with Essential Nine™ Eyelid & Skin Therapy
- Clean eyelids and face at night with Anti-Aging Tea Tree eyelid & Facial Cleanser™
- 10 min moist-heat therapy at night with tranquileyes® xl (with Beads or Instants)